Thursday, April 8, 2010

Count it all JOY- WHAT?!?!

"Count it all JOY my brothers when you meet trails of various kinds for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness." James 1:2-3

It's much easier said then done. To count All trials JOY. How is that possible you're facing your own personal Goliath and you're suppose to count that as Joy?
Really? Joy?
It's much easier when facing your trial to kick and scream like a four years old in Walmart who didn't get the toy they wanted.
It's easier to think why me? Why in the world do I have to do this? Can't someone else go through this for me and I'll support them from the sidelines?
Is there anyway to go through this without going through this?

The answer .... NOPE.
I know that's not the fun answer but take heart, when you face those Goliaths in your life you're not going in alone.
Sure it's scary and somewhat menacing but HE is with you.
God, our faithful Creator (1Peter 4:19) He doesn't send you into battle with a pat on the back and a wish of good luck. He prepares you for the road that lies ahead.
It won't be easy, it won't always be fun but you will over come the trial.
You will look back and say - "Wow, it's in the past."
You will see the goodness of the Lord!

I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living!Wait for the Lord ; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! Psalm 27:13-14

Don't lose heart but take courage. You will make it through to the other side. Where there is rain the sun will soon shine.

When it comes down to me facing my Goliaths, sure I don't like it and I may start to have a hissy-fit but then I remember that I'm not walking this road alone. I'm not sent out into battle unprepared but I can walk boldly in the LORD. Trusting that He will lead me to victory all I have to do is get out of the way and let HIM lead!

2 comments:

  1. :) Good conclusions dear friend!! He'll get you through for sure!! :) Oh man! I love you lovely face and miss you a ton!!! Stay strong and faithful!! ...YOU DA WOMAN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND your title made me laugh! ...WHAT?! hahaha You funny.

    ReplyDelete